Self Care 101 - Taking care of your MIND, BODY & SOUL
Whew, what a week it’s been!
Full sets for everyone, amirite? So we just know you read our last post on posture and made sure to check yourself and stretch between clients, right?
We wanted to keep it up and make sure you’re taking care of yourself too, not just your back.
Self-care is important for your mind, body, and soul. Here are some important tips to follow as a lash artist.
- Stretch for 5-10 minutes before and between clients to get out the kinks and to keep limber. This will help your body and your mind.
- Remember to look up and refocus your eyes from time to time.
- Get regular eye exams and wear glasses or magnifiers if needed.
- Set time limits for workdays and for appointment times and don’t forget to take time for yourself.
- Give your body comfort. Pick something from your wardrobe that would make you feel happy and is easy to sit in for hours at a time.
- Deal with chronic pain quickly. Make an appointment with your doctor, they will be able to assess your condition and recommend treatments such as massage, physio or pain relief.
- Stay hydrated.
- Grab a bite between clients, nobody likes being hangry!
- Listen to music you like. Encourage your clients to bring headphones and play your favourite playlist.
Most importantly love yourself 💙