This 2-day course will provide you with the in-depth theory, knowledge and step-by-step procedure of effective, safe and comfortable hair removal on all areas of the body. Theory will be covered in the areas of bacteriology and sanitation, anatomy of the hair, contraindications and more. You will also learn the benefits and differences of various types of waxes. Students are required to actively participate in the course as they will be working on a model on Day 2. Models are required. Quotas required.
Students would receive
- student manual
- Extensive training
- Certificate upon successfully completion
- Pro student kit wax warmer kit with travel size prep and aftercare products also Tweezers
Outline of the course
Day 1 - Hair Removal - Main Idea and Value Plan objectives
What will be covered in the theory.
- Hair Growth and Removal Methods
- Hair Growth cycle
- Temporary removal methods
(eg) shaving, chemical depilatories, tweezing, waxing, threading , sugaring , electrolysis, laser hair removal , photo-epilation or pluses light . (Explain the differences)
- General waxing considerations
- Eyebrow shaping
- Waxing Essentials - waxing products , waxing implements and supplies , waxing equipment
- Infection Control and Safety
- Contraindications , Skin condition, health conditions, Oral or Topical medications/treatments
- Client consultation - Five phases of service
- Waxing services. - basic wax preparation - basic wax procedure
- Procedures on the different parts of the body, - Eyebrows, upper lip, Face, Underarms , Bikini , Brazilian Bikini, Lower leg/ full leg .
- Ingrown hairs
- Waxing completion
- would be full theory with a demo of how to prep your client.
- Instructor will demonstrate waxing all parts of the body for the later part of the afternoon.
- Continue with the instructor demonstrating on the waxing all parts of the body in the morning.
- Students would do practical training on models in the afternoon.
- Students will complete a written exam with a 80% passing mark.